SRG SSR is the largest electronic media enterprise in Switzerland. It has five Enterprise Units – Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (SRF), Radio Télévision Suisse (RTS), Radiotelevisione svizzera (RSI), Radiotelevisiun Rumantscha (RTR) and Swissinfo.ch – eighteen radio stations and eight television channels in Switzerland's four national languages, as well as a range of complementary websites and teletext services. It provides public service media to the Swiss population. SRG SSR receives approximately 75 percent of its funding from licence fees and the remaining 25 percent from its commercial activities.
At the Olympic Summer Games 2012 in London, SRG SSR will be on the ground with a 130-strong team to produce Olympic programming for SRG SSR radio and television services. The additional infrastructure put in place by SRG SSR, such as our own cameras and editing suites, as wel as dedicated positions for our own presenters, commentators and live interviews, will focus specifically on Swiss athletes and transmit Olympic radio and TV programming that is tailor-made for Swiss needs back to households in Switzerland. SRG SSR will also be operating a national TV studio at the “House of Switzerland” in London.